How to Prepare Paneer
- 1 Litre Milk,
- 1 1/2 Tea spoon vinegar (or)
- 1/2 Tea spoon Lemon juice or citric acid.
Steps to Prepare Paneer:
- Boil the milk in the pan.
- When it’s boiling add lemon juice or vinegar or citric acid which ever you are using, while stirring.
- If citric acid is being used, dissolve it in 2 tea spoons of water before adding.
- When milk curdles full turn off the gas and kept a side for 5 minutes.
- Pour it on to a cotton/muslin cloth and tie it with a tight knot.
- When all the water is drained from the paneer shape it into a rectangular box.
- Now place the cloth under heavy weight for 2-3 hours before using it.
Now your Paneer is ready
Note: Do not throw away the leftover water as it can be used for kneading chapati.